Composite Iron Door Style
The Iron Door has become extremely popular over the past 15 years. We realized quickly that we could replicate the look of these doors using our solid composite technology. We have actually developed a superior door, our doors do not have some of the notorious problems of the traditional iron entry doors
It's Clear! Our Iron Style Composite Doors are the better choice!
Wrought Iron Door
- All Iron Doors will rust eventually, even if the manufacturer claims they are galvanized. Steel will rust, and this is a fact.
- Iron doors do not have a thermal break, meaning, the transfer of extreme temperatures on the exterior will wrap around to the interior. Customers have called us with many complaints from their previously installed iron doors showing extreme temperatures on both sides of the door. This issue can make the door scalding to the touch or freeze the interior side of the door, causing damage as the ice defrosts and drips to the hardwood floor below
- SIGNIFICANT EXPANSION AND CONTRACTION: Almost no metal expands or contracts as much as steel does, thus creating weather seal problems during extreme temperatures.
- Iron Doors are EXTREMELY HEAVY, and can cause foundation cracks, as well as separations in the front porch and sidewalk when a home was not prepared to support that much weight in one concentrated area. Slamming an iron door can even dislodge a stone or brick off the house, or crack the adjacent stucco.
- All iron doors are manufactured in China or Mexico. The company that you might consider purchasing them from must rely on substandard and inconsistent manufacturing procedures, and can never be compared to American standards.
Composite Iron Style Door
- Since our doors contain no iron or steel, they will NEVER RUST.
- Our doors are a solid material that does not allow any transfer of the external temperature to the interior- hot or cold. Energy efficiency ratings are similar to solid wood doors, and vary, depending on the size of the doors and the ratio of door to glass.
- Our doors have minimal expansion and contraction, so a tight fit against the weatherstripping is always maintained throughout the year. Any slight expansion or contraction due to extreme weather shifts, and is actually the house.
- Our doors are solid and heavy, and have the same weight as a solid oak door. They have a smooth, heavy operation for securing a normal lockset in a normal kerfed weatherstrip jamb. Our doors have the “Mercedes” feel.
- Our finishes have been developed using American manufacturing standards, and protect the environment with low to no VOC’s.
All doors can be fully customized including Size, Shape, Style and Design!
Responsibly made in USA from recycled material.