Here are some Frequently Asked Questions about Masterpiece Doors
- Most “iron doors” are actually made from steel, meaning any loss of paint will result the formation of rust, which is costly and difficult to repair and refinish.
- Iron Doors have very poor thermal insulation, where they can become dangerously hot during the summer. In winter, it is not uncommon for humidity to condense forming ice on the inside of the door. This will ultimately leading to water damage on hardwood flooring.
- Solid mahogany wood has long been regarded as the material of choice for high end entry doors but requires frequent refinishing, especially if door is exposed to direct sun.
- Another pitfall of real wood is the potential for rot, leading to the loss of security and a efficiency.
- Mahogany doors contribute to deforestation and rain forest habitat loss.
- Fiberglass boasts a more efficient and longer lasting door than wood but cannot be modified or it’s design customized to fit your home, making single to double door conversions next to impossible.
- Fiberglass/Composite hybrid doors are often hollow with only a thin skin of composite leaving them feeling lightweight and cheap in quality.
- Our doors cannot warp, rot or rust even if the finish has been damaged.
- Our Signature Finishes recreate the beautiful grains of real wood or the metallic finish of real iron doors.
- They provide excellent energy efficiency.
- They are constructed from environmentally friendly, recycled materials.
OUT OF TOWN To our out of town guests, we are proud to offer Live Showroom Tours through FACETIME (iPhone or other Apple devices), SKYPE (Microsoft devices, PC, Androids…etc) and GOOGLE DUO (Google's Version of Video Chat).
Just call us at (678) 894-1450 and we will be more than happy to set up a showing immediately!
- Our Limited Warranty offers a guarantee against rotting, splitting, cracking, and rusting- the common maintenance issues associated with wood and iron doors.
- We do not have an “Overhang” requirement that almost ALL door manufacturers have and most customers cannot comply with. Homes with full sun exposure and no front porch or portico can purchase Masterpiece door products with confidence.
For Rectangular Units, we Knock-Down, better known as “KD” the unit, which means we un-screw the (4) jamb parts that have been previously fully assembled by us, wrap them, and package them in a small crate for cost effective shipping. We include color coded screws to re-install into the four corners to re-assemble the jamb on your job site.
For Radius Top Units, we fully assemble the frame, due to the steel banding reinforcements we apply to the curved top section. These frame crates are much larger, making them more expensive to ship, but we feel our assembly expertise is required on this particular application.
Anatomy of a Door Frame
Here’s a breakdown of all the parts that make up a door.
What To Expect When Shipped
Our Masterpiece Doors are carefully shipped with custom, hand built crates to ensure a safe journey. Depending on the door(s), these crates can get large and require a forklift for transportation in addition to two or more able unloaders. Here is a picture of the fine packaging you can expect from Masterpiece Doors.