Here are some Frequently Asked Questions about Masterpiece Doors
Many consumers are familiar with other composite exterior building materials used in decking, handrails, siding...etc. We are enjoying an era of very low maintenance composite products applied throughout the building trades. Masterpiece Doors composite material is no different, it is the premium, innovative substrate that is used in many exterior applications for the benefits of durability, insect repellent, waterproof, machinability and finishing/painting.
Internationally, composite refers to fiberglass. In the US, composite refers to these solid substrates. Now, giving the weight and feel of a real solid wood door without any of the negative aspects of real wood.
- Most “iron doors” are actually made from steel, meaning any loss of paint will result in the formation of rust, which is costly and difficult to repair and re-finish.
- Iron Doors have very poor thermal insulation, and issues with hot and cold temperature transfer. In summer months, they can be dangerously hot to the touch, and in winter months, it is not uncommon for precipitation conditions to form ice on the interior side of the door. This will ultimately leading to water damage on hardwood flooring.
- Iron doors are extremely heavy, which can put excess stress on the foundation of the home and can potentially cause cracks and structural issues.
- Solid mahogany wood has long been regarded as the material of choice for high end entry doors, but requires frequent and costly re-finishing, especially if the door is exposed to direct sun.
- Another pitfall of real wood is the propensity for rotting, warping, cracking, and splitting, leading to the complete loss of the customer's investment.
- Mahogany doors contribute to deforestation and rain forest habitat loss.
- Fiberglass boasts a more efficient and longer lasting door than wood, but cannot be modified or it’s design customized to fit your home, making single to double door conversions next to impossible.
- Fiberglass/Composite hybrid doors are often hollow with only a thin skin of composite leaving them feeling lightweight, cheap in quality, and prone to dent dinging.
- Fiberglass door finishes do not maintain their coloration well under prolonged UV sun exposure. For example, a mahogany finish can often take on an orange cast.
- Our doors cannot warp, rot or rust even if the finish has been damaged.
- Our Signature Finishes recreate the beautiful grains of real wood or the metallic finish of real iron doors.
- They provide excellent energy efficiency.
- They are constructed from environmentally friendly, recycled materials
All our doors are custom made to order and include a pre-hung unit to ensure a tight seal and fit, providing a high quality functioning door. Because each door is unique, prices vary. Please call or email us to get a quick quote!
OUT OF TOWN - To our out of town guests, we are proud to offer Live Showroom Tours through FACETIME (iPhone or other apple devices) or SKYPE (Microsoft Devices, PC, Androids…etc). Just call us at (844) 202-9835 and we will be happy to schedule a virtual showroom walkthrough.
- Our Limited Warranty offers a guarantee against rotting, splitting, cracking, and rusting- the common maintenance issues associated with wood and iron doors.
- We do not have an “Overhang” requirement that almost ALL door manufacturers have and most customers cannot comply with. Homes with full sun exposure and no front porch or portico can purchase Masterpiece door products with confidence.
For Rectangular Units, we Knock-Down, better known as “KD” the unit, which means we un-screw the (4) jamb parts that have been previously fully assembled by us, wrap them, and package them in a small crate for cost effective shipping. We include color coded screws to re-install into the four corners to re-assemble the jamb on your job site.
For Radius Top Units, we fully assemble the frame, due to the steel banding reinforcements we apply to the curved top section. These frame crates are much larger, making them more expensive to ship, but we feel our assembly expertise is required on this particular application.
Anatomy of a Door Frame
Here’s a breakdown of all the parts that make up a door.
What To Expect When Shipped
Our Masterpiece Doors are carefully shipped with custom, hand built crates to ensure a safe journey. Depending on the door(s), these crates can get large and require a forklift for transportation in addition to two or more able unloaders. Here is a picture of the fine packaging you can expect from Masterpiece Doors.