MASTERPIECE DOORS WARRANTY
Warranty: Rev 12-5-19
1. Limited Warranty for All Products
It is the responsibility of clients to read and accept the Warranty and Conditions of Sale before they proceed with their order. Once your order has been placed, we assume that you are in agreement with the conditions of this warranty.
All doors and millwork manufactured by Masterpiece Doors (except those doors and millwork expressly excluded from this warranty) are under warranty by Masterpiece Doors for (10) years against rotting, cracking, rusting and warping. Refunds, replacements, and repairs will be prorated on the basis of a 10 Year life span according to the length of time the customer has used the product.
Finishes are warrantied against manufacturing defects; they are not warrantied against natural weathering or customer/pet normal use or abuse or mishandling.
All products manufactured or supplied by Masterpiece Doors are to be of good material and workmanship and to be free from defects at the time of shipment or delivery that would render them unserviceable or unfit for the ordinary purposes for which they are recommended.
This warranty only applies to the Original purchaser of the products at the original site of installation. This warranty is not transferable. Masterpiece Doors reserves the right to amend the warranty at any time.
2. Limited Warranty for Doors
- Pre-hung Units that have been installed out of square, out of plumb, not level, and out of perfect correct alignment are not covered by this warranty. For proper fit of the doors, a door frame must be installed true, plumb, level, flush, and square. A frame installed out of square can make the active door appear to be warped. Replacing the door will not correct this problem. Slab Doors hung in existing frames by others are excluded from this Warranty.
- Masterpiece Doors applies a proprietary concave bow in all doors as a manufacturing technique to prevent soft close at the top of doors. Doors will bow into the jamb. It is normal for doors not to be flat when applying a level or string to the door due to this technique.
- Doors can sometimes appear to change in fit and function in extreme cold weather temperatures. When more moderate temperatures prevail, doors can climatize, and return to normal. Masterpiece Doors will always allow a seasonal adjustment period before making a determination on a cold weather claim.
- Masterpiece Door frames are outfitted with compression weather stripping for the purpose of energy efficiency. Doors will require a purposeful close, not a fingertip close, particularly when the units are very new, and when weather conditions are cold. Over time and with repeated use, the weather stripping will relax, soften, and not be as stiff as when it is first installed, and the doors will close with less effort.
- Doors that have been installed in conjunction with exterior glass storm doors are not covered by this warranty, due to the excessive heat build-up or “greenhouse effect” this causes. The Solar Heat Gain Coefficient of the Glass Lites in our doors are sufficient that this is never necessary.
- This warranty does not apply to defects to the door or finish caused by normal wear and tear, client /pet use or abuse or neglect or mishandling, including allowing sprinkler systems or any water sources to routinely contact the door, acts of nature such as fires, floods, storms, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, wildlife damage, etc.
- Imperfections in the appearance of the surface finish of our doors or glass will not be considered a defect unless suspected defects are visible from a distance of 6 feet away upon receiving the door.
- Natural variations in the appearance of hand applied finishes or variations in appearance of textured glass will not be considered a defect.
- Weathering of exterior finishes is not warrantied. Finishes on exterior doors and door frames
should be maintained by periodically reapplying our exterior clear coat or rejuvenation kit.
The decision to apply this maintenance finish is the responsibility of the client and will
vary based upon the exposure of the door to natural elements and the severity of the
- This warranty does not cover doors that are True Radius Top or taller than 8 feet for a soft
- close at the top and does not cover doors that are 9’ tall or taller, or 43” wide or wider for fit and function. Upgrading to Double Surface Bolts is recommended on all True Radius Top doors and doors taller than 8’.
- Masterpiece Doors does not warranty glass breakages under any circumstances.
- Masterpiece Doors does not warrant Steel Hinges not to rust. This can be a particular issue
for customers in high humidity areas, or with homes located around bodies of water, or on
new construction sites without climate control. An upgrade to Solid Brass Hinges that will
never rust is recommended.
- Carriage Levers, Door Knockers, Nail Heads, (and any other steel accessories) on Doors are
powder-coated to retard rust, but will eventually rust depending on environmental
conditions, as all steel products will do, and may require re-painting. This is considered maintenance and not covered under the Masterpiece Warranty.
- Threshold Nosing, Door Sweeps, Weather Stripping, and Garage Door Bottom
- Stops may need to be replaced from time to time due to normal wear and tear, or
- damage from improper installation, or acts of nature, and are not covered under
- the Masterpiece Warranty.
3. Limited Warranty for Emtek Locksets
Emtek offers a Lifetime Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship to the original user. Warranties on lockset finishes vary according to the finish selected. Labor charges are not included. Masterpiece Doors will refer all warranty issues involving locksets to Emtek. Details on the Emtek warranty can be reviewed at www.emtek.com/warranty.
4. Limited Warranty for Insulated Glass
Masterpiece Doors warrants that door and window insulated glass units will be free from air condensation for (5) years (prorated) from the date of shipment or delivery under the following conditions:
- The sealant has not been punctured or otherwise damaged to break the seal.
- The sealant has not been exposed to chemicals, inappropriate cleaning agents that contain any surfactants, solvents, ammonia or products not compatible with Super Spacer tm. Brand products.
- The glass unit does not show signs of improper handling or installation by the customer.
- The failure of the seal has not been caused by acts of nature, such as fires, storms, earthquakes, floods, tornadoes, wildlife, etc.
Masterpiece Doors’ obligation under this warranty shall be limited to, at its option and expense, to repair or replace only the defective insulated glass which is determined to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use and service. Labor to replace the glass lite is not included, however procedural instructions are available and should be followed to maintain the overall product warranty.
5. Limited Warranty for Installation Services
Door, Window, and Shutter Installation is warrantied for 30 Days for proper fit and function. Requests for adjustments beyond that time frame will be evaluated in light of normal wear and tear, house settlement, or customer use or abuse. If your claim is denied, there will be a service call charge, and if desired, an estimate will be provided for repairs.
6. Masterpiece Doors Overall Warranty Exclusion
- Masterpiece Doors shall not be liable for consequential, indirect, or incidental damages of any nature including, without limitation, labor cost of any kind arising from or in connection with an alleged breach of any warranty or negligence on the part the customer.
- Masterpiece Doors shall not be liable under any circumstances for any amount in excess of the price paid to Masterpiece Doors for a product or service.
- Masterpiece Doors shall not be liable for freight damage to products. All delivered goods must be inspected within 5 days to qualify for utilizing freight insurance and it is the client’s responsibility to examine their freight and place a freight claim with their carrier.
- Masterpiece Doors will not warrant any product claim to any customer with an outstanding balance for payment due to Masterpiece Doors or to the freight carrier.
- Masterpiece Doors warranty is based on our products meeting or exceeding industry quality standards, being free from defects, and made to the approved Docu-signed specifications and dimensions. Masterpiece doors will not accept a warranty claim if the Docu-signed dimensions are incorrect or if the customer decides they are no longer pleased with the aesthetic selections of their door including but not limited to style selections, finish selection, glass selection…etc after the door has been made.
- Units installed with freight damage are not eligible for freight claims. Units installed with manufacturing errors are not eligible for a claim or for return to Masterpiece Doors. Proceeding to install the Unit is considered your acceptance of the Unit “as is”.
7. Conditions and Remedies for Defective Products or Workmanship
If a door or other product is found to be defective, Masterpiece Doors will, at its option, either:
Repair, Replace, or Refund, once the products are returned in the original condition they were shipped to the client, subject to this prorated warranty. Pricing will be based on the current year’s pricing schedule. Freight charges to ship products to Masterpiece Doors will be the responsibility of the client. The client will also be responsible for properly crating products for return at their expense. Freight charges to ship repaired or replaced products back to clients are also the responsibility of the client. All claims for refunds or repairs must follow the guidelines set forth in “Masterpiece Doors Return Authorization.”
Clients may not return any products without formal authorization of their claim by Masterpiece Doors in writing. If a customer decides to hire others to repair, accessorize, adjust or replace any portion of Masterpiece products on their own, NO compensation will be forthcoming from Masterpiece Doors, and the Masterpiece Doors warranty will be void.
Once a claim has been accepted for repair or Refund/Return, Masterpiece Doors reserves the right to withdraw the Claim Authorization and deny the claim if:
- The product is received in damaged condition due to improper return packaging/crating, making it impossible to place an acceptable freight claim with the Carrier.
- There has been a misrepresentation of the complaint by the client and our assessment of the problem disagrees with the client’s assessment. Claims not complying with the conditions of this warranty will be denied. Denied claims and all expenses relating to the return of the products will be the responsibility of the client.
- Masterpiece products have been abused or neglected during the time the client had possession of them.
- The client does not proceed with the Claim Authorization Instructions within a 30-day period from the time the claim was approved.
After we receive your door and have evaluated it, if your claim is denied, we will notify you within a two-week period, and if desired, provide you with an estimate for repairs.